Skip to main content

Chew On The Signature From Ben and Lynette (B & L) Maison Patisserie

I posted about one of the must visit cafe in Ipoh, Ben and Lynette Maison Patisserie previously in this blog and although I don't really like the way the cafe only accepts cash for business, I still like the food there - and definitely one should not missed out on ordering the signature dish from Ben and Lynette.



There are two signature dishes from the menu and we decided to give the "Sandwich Train" a try. The Sandwich Train is actually a long sandwich served together with a bowl of potato wedges. I would say that the sandwich is about a-foot long, which reminds me of "foot-long" subs from Subway.

The Sandwich Train which reminds me of the Foot-Long Subs from Subway


I like the way the Sandwich Train was presented to us - on a  plastic chopping board; with the bowl of wedges residing at the corner of the chopping board as well as the sauce. It also looks delicious to be eaten when served this way.






The Sandwich Train is healthy and balance diet with plenty of salads and small slices of chicken meat in between the two slices of fresh long baguette. Overall, I think that the Sandwich Train taste just about the same as the "Foot-Long" Subs - well, maybe it's just me. One thing I'm pretty sure though is that the baguette is fresh and the baguette is crunchy. I believe we are paying the extra for the nice and vintage environment that the Ben and Lynette Maison Patisserie has.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Wine Recipe] - Roselle Wine Recipe 24_11_2012

I was thinking to do something different for this blog during the weekend, and something pops up in my mind which is to post the wine recipe. There are so many wine recipe around that it will be too difficult to keep track and at the same time, I would love to blog about it, so that I can use the wine recipe that can provide me with the taste of the wine that I wanted in the future. Well, I can just treat it like another type of log book for this "experiment". Anyway, to make wine for home usage, it is not that tedious, just that you will need to have the correct recipe with the correct material, then voila, you can start making your own wine. Of course, for high volume production, it will be another story as it will involves a lot of machines and stuff like that. Roselle wine

Roast Tarragon Chicken at Alexis in Great Eastern Mall

Having lunch break in Alexis must an expensive one because the food portion that was served by the bistro and wine bar is not huge but it is a little bit expensive; although it is about the same as what you might be getting at The Apartment . Alexis - Bistro and Wine Bar Alexis - Bistro and Wine Bar Alexis - Bistro and Wine Bar

BistrOne36 at Tyrwhitt Road: A Hub for Western Food and Drinks

Nestled in the vibrant district of Tyrwhitt Road, BistrOne36 has swiftly become a favorite spot for lovers of western cuisine and creative drinks. This new establishment, which has garnered an impressive 4.8-star rating on Google reviews, is the second outlet of the BistrOne36 family, following the successful opening of their first venue at Boon Keng. With an extensive menu boasting over 300 items, BistrOne36 offers an abundance of choices to satisfy every palate. A Culinary Adventure During my visit to BistrOne36, I had the opportunity to sample several dishes that showcased their culinary prowess. My meal began with a comforting Cappuccino priced at $5.90 and a rich Chocolate drink for $6.90. These beverages were the perfect way to ease into the dining experience, setting a warm and inviting tone. The star of the show, however, was the  Chicken Popcorn  ($9.90). This dish came highly recommended, and for good reason. Each bite-sized piece of chicken was perfectly crispy on...